The thriving Bollington & District Gardening Club holds a Spring Show in March each year, as well as regular monthly meetings.
The Bollington & District Gardening Club meets at 7.30 pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month (unless otherwise stated) at The Community Centre, Ovenhouse Lane, Bollington SK10 5EY. The annual subscription of £10 is due in January. For each meeting members pay £2 and non-members £3.50. Non-members are always welcome at meetings.
We hold a Spring Show in March each year. The schedule is obtainable via the link below or from the Show Secretary.
Photos from the show
The Spring Show returns this year on Saturday 16th March 2024, at the Civic Hall, Palmerston Street, Bollington.
This year there is a difference. We have decided not to award prize money, consequently there is no entry fee so it is FREE to enter. Certificates will still be awarded to the first, second and third prize winners.
Open to the public from 2.00pm to 3.45pm.
Trophies will be presented at 3.45pm by the Mayor, Cllr. Helen Ellwood.
You do NOT have to be a member to enter any of the classes listed in the Schedule
but entries must be received by 9.00pm Wednesday prior to the show at the latest. Entries
will NOT be accepted after this time, nor on the day of the show,
Children’s entries do not have to registered and should be brought to the Civic Hall on the day of the Show. Entry form.
GARDENING EVENTS PLANNED FOR 2024
The Bollington and District Gardening Club meets at 7:30pm on the third Thursday of each month (unless otherwise stated) at The Community Centre, Ovenhouse Lane, Bollington, Cheshire. SK10 5EY.
Entry: Members £2 Non-members £3:50
Please remember that your subscription of £10 for 2024 is due in January.
- Keeping Pests at Bay the natural way. (by video link) Pippa Greenwood
Thursday 18th January
- AGM and The Poison Garden Ray Jordan
Thursday 15th February
- Fifty Seventh Spring Show at the Civic Hall, Bollington
Saturday 16th March
- “LOW MAINTENANCE TECHNIQUES” Reduce the workload, Darren Rudge
Thursday 18th April
- Visit to RHS Harlow Garden
Thursday 16th May 2024
- “Myths and Mysteries of Organic Gardening” Sally Smith
Thursday 20th June
- Visit to Wollerton Old Hall half day, afternoon trip
Wednesday 3rd July
- Visit to Holden Clough Nursery and Gresgarth Hall Gardens.
Sunday 11th August
- Propagation Workshop ZDENĚK VALKOUN Head Gardener Dorothy Clive Garden Thursday 15th August
- Roses – cultivation garden use Liam Beddall, Senior Consultant David Austin Roses
Thursday 19th September
- “Sweet Peas for Everyone” Sarah Haisley
Thursday 17th October
- Cacti and Succulents Jo Adderley, DJA plants
Thursday 21st November
- Christmas Dinner
Thursday 5th December