The thriving Bollington & District Horticultural Society holds a Spring Show in March each year, as well as regular monthly meetings.
Hon. Secretary: Mrs. Sheila Franks
Show Secretary: Mrs. Joyce Burton
The Bollington & District Horticultural Society meets at 7.30 pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month (unless otherwise stated) at The Community Centre, Ovenhouse Lane, Bollington. Members £l.50 Non-Members £3.00.
We hold a Spring Show in March each year. The schedule is obtainable via the link below but only once it is published a few weeks before the show, or from the Secretary. Non-members always welcome at meetings.
Spring Show was held on Saturday 9th March 2019.
Autumn Show – please note that there will be no show in September 2019
For more information call 01625−420248 or email.
- Heuchera, Heucherella and Tiarella Thursday 21st March 2019
A talk by Vicky and Richard Fox from Plantagogo, National Collection holders & Chelsea Gold medal winners.
- The RHS Bridgewater Garden Thursday 18th April 2019
An introduction to this new local garden by Janice McGrath and Lynda Anderson.
- Compositing Thursday 16th May 2019
Mick Poultney “The Compost King” will tell you how to succeed.
- Day trip to Barnsdale Gardens, Oakham, Rutland Thursday 20th June 2019
The late Geoff Hamilton’s gardens. View the largest collection of individual gardens, thirty eight in total
and voted the best gardens of 2018.
- An evening visit to Brenda Buxton’s Garden Thursday 18th July 2019
Red Oaks Farm, Charter Road, Bollington.
- Perfect Pots Thursday 15th August 2019
Maureen Sawyer will tell you how to get the best from your pots- plants, growing medium, watering.
- T.B.A. Thursday 19th September 2019.
- Pots of Interest for the Autumn Winter Thursday 17th October 2019
Jacqueline Iddon from Hardy Plants, Bretherton, will create four pots of seasonal interest.
- T.B.A Thursday 21st November 2019.
- Christmas Dinner Thursday 5th December 2019.