The thriving Bollington & District Horticultural Society holds a Spring Show in March each year, as well as regular monthly meetings.
The Bollington & District Horticultural Society meets at 7.30 pm on the 3rd Thursday of each month (unless otherwise stated) at The Community Centre, Ovenhouse Lane, Bollington SK10 5EY. The annual subscription of £8 is due in January. For each meeting members pay £2 and non-members £3.50. Non-members are always welcome at meetings.
We hold a Spring Show in March each year. The schedule is obtainable via the link below early in January or from the Show Secretary.
The Spring Show returns this year on Saturday 12th March 2022, at the Civic Hall, Palmerston Street, Bollington. Schedule.
Open to the public from 2.00pm to 4.00pm.
Trophies will be presented at 4pm by the Mayor, Cllr. Johanna Maitland.
You do NOT have to be a member to enter any of the classes listed in the Schedule
but entries must be received by 9.00pm Wednesday prior to the show at the latest. Entries
will NOT be accepted after this time, nor on the day of the show,
Children’s entries do not have to registered and should be brought to the Civic Hall on the day of the Show. Entry form.
HORTICULTURAL EVENTS PLANNED FOR 2022
The Bollington and District Horticultural Society meets at 7:30pm on the third Thursday
of each month (unless otherwise stated) at The Community Centre, Ovenhouse Lane,
Bollington, Cheshire. SK10 5EY.
Entry: Members £2 Non-members £3:50
Please remember that your subscription of £8 for 2022 is due in January.
- “Making the most of your garden space.” Thursday 20th January 2022
Jane Allison looks at ways of maximising the potential of your garden, whatever its shape, dimensions and personal requirements with reference to hardy perennials bulbs, climbers and grasses.
- AGM and Flower Power Thursday 17th February 2022
Maureen Sawyer– “Treasures and other valuables for long lasting colour in the garden throughout the year”
- Fifty fifth Spring Show Saturday 12th March 2022, Schedule
Bollington & District Horticultural Society & Flower Club Show at the Civic Hall, Bollington. 2–4 pm
- Vegetables for Small Gardens Thursday 21st April 2022
- Trip 6-7th May 2022
Visit to Winterbourne House and Garden and Great Malvern Spring Show. Overnight stay in Stratford upon Avon.
- Houseplant Care Thursday 16th June 2022
- Day Trip to Matlock Thursday 21st July 2022
A walk and talk in the Cascades Gardens, Matlock with Alan Clements
- Focus on Fuchsia Thursday 18th August 2022
Keith McManus from the Fuchsia Society
- Introduction to Growing Apple Trees Thursday 15th September 2022
James Ellson – “I Ate My Last Herefordshire Russet This Morning”
- The Garden in Winter Thursday 20th October 2022
- The Language of Flowers Thursday 17th November 2022
Julie Smalley – Potted social histories
- Christmas Dinner Thursday 1st December 2022